Press Releases Media Library
Back to Press Releases
Our Response to COVID-19
March 23, 2020
At Banks Holdings Limited ("BHL"), the safety of our teams, clients and our communities is our priority. We are committed to keeping our teams safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
As part of a multinational company with a global presence, we are aware of the experiences of other operations in countries where significant cases of the virus have already been registered. Additionally, we have been following the recommendations of local and international health authorities to help stop the spread of the virus and mitigate the impact on our teams, clients, communities and our operations.
Over the last week, our internal crisis committee has been working assiduously to activate our internal contingency plans. Here are some of the ways we’re ensuring the health of our people during this unprecedented situation:
- Introduced new entry protocols to screen everyone entering our plants.
- Restricted visitors to our offices and plants.
- Enforced social distancing within our workplace.
- Allowed employees to work from home, where possible.
- Increased the frequency and intensity of our internal cleaning protocols.
- Provided our sales and distribution teams with personal safety kits.
- Provided additional disinfectants, hand sanitizers, and personal protective equipment within our offices and plants.
We are also constantly monitoring the updates issued by health authorities and the Ministry of Health and Wellness, which we will continue to share with our teams.
We reiterate our commitment to maintaining close collaboration with you during this period of uncertainty to keep you informed of any challenges which may result from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Banks Holdings Limited